Senior Homes - What are the Options in Your State
In your search for a place for yourself or a place for mom or dad to live, you are seeing so many different names and terms for various types of senior homes and senior living. These terms and names have changed over the years and what we may have at one time called a 'Nursing Home' or 'Old Folks Home' are now called many other things. At one time thoughts of white-walled, institutional settings we we’re hesitant to visit are now independent and assisted living options offering a wide range of appealing amenities, features and socializations.
Assisted Living, Adult Foster Care, Nursing Home, Board and Care Homes.
The different levels of care available today will depend on you or your loved one's needs, and various options, depending on a senior's health, age and financial status.
What is very important however, is that most if not every state in the U.S. has it's own definitions - descriptions and usually licensing requirements for senior living options. This is where we provide you with an important and useful resource for finding what your states options are.
To discover what senior living options are offered in your state:
Information updated regularly.
When it comes time to choose a home for you or your senior Loved One, you may discover it is a difficult task. Your goal is to find the best home possible yet you may be looking at many, even dozens of homes on a list. How will you make the right decision?
These Adult Family Care Homes are just that - homes that provide small intimate settings with consistent caregivers that foster a family like atmosphere.
When looking for a new home for our own mother we chose one of these, an AFC, and she couldn’t be happier. Around the country, access to these homes has been getting better, however with the large – hotel and apartment like facilities leading the markets for assisted living they sometimes get lost in the haze so to speak.
This is why our site is dedicated to these homes and only these homes, no big guys to muddy up the waters. Our site links you directly with the owners, no annoying care coordinators hounding you for your business and no large commission charged to the home owner. It’s a win, win for everyone.
Please feel free to use our Senior Home Search web site to find out what we did, that bigger isn’t always better and let us know what you think.
Thank you for visiting our site, Senior Home Search. Please browse as often as you wish. You may use our contact page to ask questions or even make recommendations. We would love to hear from you. k2
Senior Living News
- Long-Term Care Costs On The Rise But Assisted Living Costs Drop
- More Caregivers Are Putting Off Their Own Health Care Needs
- The Number Of Cases Of Alzheimer's And Dementia Will Double by 2060
- Atrium Senior Living Senior Homes Are Placed Into Receivership By Judge
- The Number Of Millennials Caring For Aging Parents Is Increasing
- Bankruptcy Among Seniors Growing At An Alarming Rate
- Billions Of Dollars Approved By Senate For Alzheimer’s Research And Treatment
- New Medicare Cards Coming In The Mail
- Cost Of Alzheimer’s Care To Increase By $20 Billion This Year
- Seniors Will Outnumber The Young In U.S. By 2035
- New Memory Care Recommendations Released by the Alzheimer’s Association
- MIT Research Team Announce Potentially Groundbreaking Alzheimer's Discovery